North Yorkshire Police provides policing services to the county of North Yorkshire. The police force area covers 3,208 square miles with approximately 55 miles of coastline in the north of England. Although there are some areas of deprivation, North Yorkshire is generally affluent. Around 0.8 million people live in a predominantly rural setting. Its distinct urban areas include the coastal towns of Scarborough and Whitby and the city of York. The resident population is getting increased by university students and the huge numbers who visit or travel through the county each year. The transport infrastructure includes major rail stations.
The Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for North Yorkshire holds the Chief Constable accountable and ensures the delivery of the best possible policing service to the people of North Yorkshire and the City of York.
Visit the North Yorkshire Police Crime Reporting page to find details on how to report a crime.
Report Incidents To North Yorkshire Police
Visit North Yorkshire Police official website to report below Crimes:
Advice And Support
Emergency Contact Numbers
Call 999 right away for any emergency, such as:
- You are witnessing a crime or someone in extreme danger.
- A serious offence is in progress, or the offender is still at the crime scene.
- Someone is causing damage to a property.
When you are in danger and can't speak, Please follow the steps below:
Call 999 from your cell phone:
- Police won't be able to track your location, so you may cough, press some keys or provide any clue to locate you.
- Press 55 when prompted, and a Police officer will be able to listen to the voice coming through the phone.
- Police can track your location even if you don't speak.
- They will be able to hear your background noises and send an immediate rescue if they a suspect any danger.
Non-Emergency Crime Reporting
Call 101 when it is less urgent, but you need to report a crime or an offence such as:
- Stolen Car
- Property Damaged
- Drug Dealing
- Traffic Accident
North Yorkshire Police And Crime Commissioner Details:
Zoë Metcalfe is the current Police Commissioner for North Yorkshire Police. Find Details below to contact the PCC Headquarters Office:
Contact North Yorkshire Police:
Police Stations In North Yorkshire Police Force Area
|Beckwith Head Road Harrogate North Yorkshire||HG3 1FR|
|Fulford Road York||YO10 4BY|
|Northway Scarborough||YO12 7AD|