Report Crime With Humberside Police

✅ Article By Anne-Marie Pearman & Reviewed By Zeynep Topcu

Humberside Police Force has been proudly serving the people of Northern Lincolnshire, Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire since 1974. They cover a diverse area that stretches from as far north as Bridlington, across to the Isle of Axholme, and down to the outskirts of Grimsby, where it changes to Lincolnshire Police.

Policing has changed dramatically over the years. Today, our officers are equipped with mobile phones and laptops and are more likely to be seen working from a high street café or inside their car than a police station. They use social media to provide information and post requests for your help, and our website is becoming increasingly important in how they communicate.

Visit the Humberside Police Crime Reporting page to find details on how to report a crime.

Emergency Contact Numbers

Call 999 right away for any emergency, such as:

  • You are witnessing a crime or someone in extreme danger.
  • A serious offence is in progress, or the offender is still at the crime scene.
  • Someone is causing damage to a property.

When you are in danger and can't speak, Please follow the steps below:

Call 999 from your cell phone:

  1. Police won't be able to track your location, so you may cough, press some keys or provide any clue to locate you.
  2. Press 55 when prompted, and a Police officer will be able to listen to the voice coming through the phone.
Call 999 from the Landline:
  1. Police can track your location even if you don't speak.
  2. They will be able to hear your background noises and send an immediate rescue if they a suspect any danger.

Non-Emergency Crime Reporting

Call 101 when it is less urgent, but you need to report a crime or an offence such as:

  • Stolen Car
  • Property Damaged
  • Drug Dealing
  • Traffic Accident

Textphone Service

In case you have hearing or speech impairment:

  • Use TextPhone Service 18000 for Emergency Situations.
  • Use TextPhone Service 18001101 for Non-Emergency Situation.

Contact CrimeStoppers

To anonymously report a crime or suspicious behaviour:

Humberside Police And Crime Commissioner Details:

Jonathan Evison is the current Police Commissioner for Humberside Police. Find Details below to contact the PCC Headquarters Office:

Contact Humberside Police:


Phone: 101

Quick Links